Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

26th September, 2021 - 10:14: Crews from Trowbridge and Chippenham were sent to a fire in the back g...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 21:19: Fire fighters from Westbourne, Redhill Park and Springbourne Fire Stat...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 19:44: Fire fighters from Christchurch Fire Station attended a road traffic c...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 19:27: Fire Control received 2 calls to 2 small fires on Studland beach.  A f...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 08:22: Crews from Devizes and Trowbridge attended reports of a shed fire in W...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 19:00: A rubbish fire in a wooded area, which included a discarded fridge, wa...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 12:04: Multiple calls received in Fire Control for a fire to the rear of a ga...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 09:21: Fire engines from Chippenham, Calne and Westlea plus a water carrier f...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 09:23: Fire engine from Springbourne extinguished a small refuse fire using o...Read more

21st September, 2021 - 14.39: A fire crew from Blandford has extinguished a small fire in a refuse b...Read more

Smoke alarms save couple in Salisbury


Date: 13th June, 2021

At 2.50am this morning, firefighters from Salisbury and Wilton were called to reports of a property fire in Milton Road, Salisbury. On arrival firefighters found a significant fire in the kitchen of the property. Crews used three hose reels and six sets of breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire. The two occupants of the property were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms and were able to exit the property quickly and safely as internal doors had been closed, helping to prevent fire spread.

The stop message was received at 3.43am and firefighters remained on scene until 4.30am.

Station Manager Steve Ansell said: “When firefighters arrived on scene there was a serious fire in the kitchen of the property. Thankfully the occupants had working smoke alarms which had alerted them to the fire. They had also closed internal doors within the property before going to bed which enabled them to escape quickly and safely and helped to prevent the fire spread. This could have been a very different story and I would urge everyone to make sure they test their smoke alarms regularly to ensure they are working. More information about staying safe from fire at home can be found on our website – dwfire.org.uk.

He added: “Both occupants were transferred to hospital as a precaution. We believe the cause of the fire to have been electrical at this early stage.”

More information about staying safe from fire at home, including smoke alarms and escape routes can be found here – www.dwfire.org.uk/safety-at-home

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: