There is much you can do to protect your family and your home from the danger of fire – the key things to remember are:
- Fit a working smoke alarm
- Take care when cooking and never leave cooking unattended
- Plan and practise your escape route
- Make a bedtime check
- Don’t overload your electrics
- Put cigarettes right out
- Use candles carefully
- Have your chimney swept regularly
The following leaflets are available to download:
- Safe and Well visits – a free service to help you stay safe at home.
- Safer housing – advice for anyone owning/living in high-rise accommodation, for housing landlords, and anyone living in rented or shared housing.