Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

17th August, 2022 - 6.25pm: 6.25pm - crews from Stratton, Swindon and Westlea were called to Hillm...Read more

16th August, 2022 - 09:44: Firefighters from Chippenham attended a fire involving approximately 5...Read more

16th August, 2022 - 11.03: Two fire crews from Poole fire station and a crew from Westbourne fire...Read more

16th August, 2022 - 09.44: A fire crew from Chippenham is currently in attendance in Easton Lane ...Read more

16th August, 2022 - 08:29: Firefighters from Springbourne attended a property with alarm sounding...Read more

15th August, 2022 - 10:32: 10:32 - crews from Verwood and Blandford attended a large agricultural...Read more

11th August, 2022 - 02:19: In the early hours of this morning a member of the public reported see...Read more

10th August, 2022 - 20:07: Fire fighters from Verwood Fire Station extinguished a fire in the cen...Read more

Working from home

Working from home? Stay fire safe

More of us than ever are finding ourselves working from home. At your place of work, your employer has a responsibility to make sure that your environment is safe for you to work in and that there are measures in place to protect you in the event of fire – but when you’re working from your lounge, kitchen, bedroom or study, you introduce some new hazards into your own home environment.

Here’s how to take steps towards keeping fire safe when you’re working from home:

Make sure that sockets are only loaded to their capacity and no more; unplug any items that aren’t in use to make room for new equipment, rather than increasing the load on extension leads.

Ensure that all power sources such as leads and cables are in visibly good condition and tangle free, and that they are positioned where they are well ventilated to avoid over-heating.

Taking a few moments to save your work, and scheduling ICT updates for the early evening when computers can be left on after working hours but turned off before bed time, will mean that you can perform a full shut down of any equipment at the end of every day. This reduces the risk of an electrical fire starting and developing unnoticed during the night.

Resting laptops on body parts and soft furnishings can result in reduced access for essential ventilation, which can lead to machines overheating. Choosing the right surface reduces the risk of physical burns to the user and decreases the chance of a fire starting.

 

 

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: