Helping children and young people understand the dangers and make safe and positive choices is an important part of their development.
We provide resources for parents, carers, teachers, educators, and group leaders to use with children and young people to help them understand how they can stay safe.
Resources are available to suit different learning styles, ages and level of understanding and cover the main topics of:
- Fire detection and escape
- Fire prevention in the home
- Fire play and hoax calls
- Safety outdoors – fire, water and roads
- Inspired by firefighters – life skills such as communication, teamwork, perseverance, fitness and healthy eating, reading, maths, arts and crafts.
We use a risk-based system to prioritise our engagement with children and young people via their educational setting, community groups or individually.
Requests for fire and rescue service visits will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will be supported where possible:
- If you are a school: https://forms.office.com/e/wDqtkXSvsb (please use this form if there has been an incident at or near school such as hoax calls, firesetting or a local incident)
- If you are a home educated group: https://forms.office.com/e/sfMKBxgfAR
- If you are a pre-school/nursery: https://forms.office.com/e/4TdQ73b03j
- If you are a CYP group: https://forms.office.com/e/08jPFn1Hen
- If a child/ young person is worried or concerned about fire and fire safety please email [email protected]
- If you are concerned that a child is playing with fire Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service | Firesetters (dwfire.org.uk)
- Group Talks to Adults: Whilst we recognise that talks and events are a great opportunity to get into the community and engage with people who would benefit from having a Safe & Well visit, we have seen an increase in the volume of requests. Due to this increase in demand and a restructure within our team, we regret that we do not have the resources to be able to attend talks or events at the present time. Our website has comprehensive fire safety information that all members of the public can access, as well as information for businesses and for those within a care profession.
This link takes you to all our free downloaded leaflets: Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service | Free downloadable leaflets (dwfire.org.uk)
Please follow the links on the right hand side for more information.