Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

19th December, 2018 - 11:36: A retained fire crew from Poole Fire Station were alerted to a car ali...Read more

18th December, 2018 - 22:05: 22:05 A crew from Swindon was mobilised to a small fire involving a ru...Read more

18th December, 2018 - 21:59: 21:59 A crew from Salisbury was mobilised to alarms sounding at a Resi...Read more

18th December, 2018 - 20:48: 20:48 A crew from Verwood was mobilised to alarms actuating a a Public...Read more

18th December, 2018 - 20:42: 20:42 A crew from Dorchester was mobilised to reports of a vehicle fir...Read more

18th December, 2018 - 19:55: 19:55 A  crew from Chippenham was mobilised to alarms sounding at a Re...Read more

18th December, 2018 - 19:35: 19:35 A crew from Ludgershall was mobilised to alarms sounding at a Do...Read more

17th December, 2018 - 5.41pm: Swindon- Crews from Westlea and Swindon attended a domestic fire on Sa...Read more

16th December, 2018 - 16:04: 16:04 A crew from Chippenham was mobilised to reports of a Chimney fir...Read more

16th December, 2018 - 15:07: 15:07 A crew from Swindon was mobilised to alarms actuating at a Resid...Read more

Get Sweeping for Chimney Fire Safety Week


Date: 3rd September, 2018

This year’s Chimney Fire Safety Week (3rd-9th September) calls for homeowners to clean up their act and get their chimneys swept to prevent chimney damage, and, in worse cases, household fires. In 2017/18 Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service attended over 200 chimney fire related incidents.

There are steps homeowners can take to prevent and protect their property. To keep you and your family safe from fire you should make sure you have your chimney swept regularly, depending on what fuel you burn, before the colder months set in and you begin to use your fire again. To make the most of your wood burning stove, ensure you are using quality woodfuel, maintain your appliance and chimney regularly and check you are using your appliance in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.

Group Manager Richard Coleman said “A clean chimney can help prevent fires and structural damage to your property. Regular cleaning of your chimney or flue will eliminate the build-up of soot and clear obstructions such as bird or animal nests, leaves and debris.  It is not enough to use a vacuum cleaner and you should make sure that your chimney or flue is inspected regularly”.

HETAS who are supporting Chimney Fire Safety Week, are a not-for-profit organisation that offers a competent person scheme for installers of biomass and solid fuel heating, registration for retailers and chimney sweeps and approval of appliances and fuels.  They will be sharing advice & tips for homeowners and statistics through its social media channels during the week. You can follow them using the following accounts:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hetas_uk

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hetasuk

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hetas_uk

ENDS

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: