Date: 6th April, 2020
Description: A fire broke out in a Grade II listed manor house this morning. Dozens of firefighters, including Devon & Somerset crews from Yeovil and Crewkerne, tackled the blaze. The building has suffered significant damage to the roof and much of the second floor, but the ground and first floors have been saved. As at 5pm, firefighters remain on scene to damp down and check for hot spots, and we are likely to maintain a presence for some hours yet. An initial fire investigation has concluded that the fire was started by accidental ignition during renovation works.
Location: Chalmington, Dorchester, UK