Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is ‘passionate about changing and saving lives’.
Our vision states:
We are much more than a Fire and Rescue Service. We are about helping you to become safer, healthier and to live more independently. Improving your wellbeing and investing in our future generations is central to our way of thinking. We will play a key part in supporting our communities and businesses to grow safely and responsibly. When you need us, we will respond quickly and professionally to limit distress, harm and economic loss.
We also have four priorities:
- Help you to make safer and healthier choices – we want you to be more aware about the risks you face, and support you and your business to be safer. We are committed to improving the wellbeing of you and your family.
- Protect you and the environment from harm – we will work with you to improve your safety and reduce the effect that day-to-day hazards and risks can have on you and your environment.
- Be there when you need us – we will continue to provide a professional and prompt response when an emergency happens.
- Make every penny count – we will continue to be a well-respected and trusted Service, offering excellent value for money.
- Supporting and developing our people – making sure our staff are at the centre of everything we do, are well led and have the right knowledge and skills, is crucial to the success of our Service.
To help us deliver these priorities and our Vision, we have developed a framework of values known as RESPECT, which is an acronym for the seven things that we stand for in terms of how we work:
We recognise that great service is not just about what we achieve but also about how we deliver, so RESPECT runs through everything that we do. To help everyone working for us to have a common understanding of what these words mean in their day to day roles, each of the seven values is underpinned by a set of behaviours and we use these to ensure consistency and to continuously develop the way that we work.
More information about the RESPECT framework can be found here
We also encourage future candidates to find out how they might work within our RESPECT framework by going through our RESPECT self assessment before applying.