Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

18th September, 2019 - 4.38pm: Chippenham - Two crews from the Chippenham fire station and a water ca...Read more

18th September, 2019 - 2:36pm: Crews from Devizes and Chippenham are currently in attendance at a roa...Read more

18th September, 2019 - 12:11pm: A crew from Christchurch attended a fire involving food in a microwave...Read more

18th September, 2019 - 11:32am: A crew from Trowbridge were mobilised to a domestic smoke alarm soundi...Read more

18th September, 2019 - 11:19am: Crews from Shaftesbury and Warminster are in attendance at a road traf...Read more

18th September, 2019 - 09:25: A crew from Devizes attended a tree fire in the wooded area off of Gro...Read more

16th September, 2019 - 07.10pm: One fire crew from Swindon Central have extinguished a fire involving ...Read more

16th September, 2019 - 3.16pm: Charlton All Saints - One crew from the Fordingbridge Fire station wer...Read more

16th September, 2019 - 3.11pm: Netheravon - One crew from the Salisbury fire station were mobilised t...Read more

16th September, 2019 - 9.25am: Salisbury - One crew from the Salisbury fire station were mobilised to...Read more

Vape battery explodes in pocket


Date: 1st April, 2019

A woman was fortunate to suffer only minor injuries after an e-cigarette battery caught fire in her coat pocket on Saturday (30 March).

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to a pub in Swanage at 7.39pm after the fire alarm was activated by the battery exploding. One crew from Swanage attended and provided first aid until paramedics arrived – the casualty suffered burns to her leg and stomach but was treated at the scene.

Station Manager Graham Kewley said: “We believe that a spare lithium battery in a coat pocket was short-circuited by loose change. The lady affected was lucky not to suffer more serious injuries, as the explosion could have easily resulted in shrapnel-type wounds to the leg. There have been similar incidents elsewhere that have resulted in fatalities, so it is vital that vape users take real care with how they carry and store batteries.”

The following advice should always be followed by e-cigarette users:

For more advice on the safe use of e-cigarettes, visit www.dwfire.org.uk/smoking-and-e-cigarettes

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: