Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

19th January, 2020 - 04:09: Sherborne - Two crews from Sherborne were mobilised to alarms sounding...Read more

18th January, 2020 - 10:57pm: Swindon - A crew from Swindon attended a commercial waste bin fire in ...Read more

18th January, 2020 - 1:50am: At 1.50am this morning (18th January) firefighters were cal...Read more

16th January, 2020 - 19:04: A bus was found to be alight in the West Wilts Trading Estate. Crews f...Read more

16th January, 2020 - 11:41am: Oaksey, Malmesbury - A crew from Malmesbury rescued two adults from th...Read more

16th January, 2020 - 12:20pm: A36 Petersfinger - A crew from Salisbury attended a small fire involvi...Read more

16th January, 2020 - 02:23 AM : A crew have extinguished a small fire involving a refuse bin this morn...Read more

15th January, 2020 - 11:27 PM : 2 Appliances and an Officer are in attendance at an external flooding ...Read more

15th January, 2020 - 10:39 PM : 2 Appliances attended a fire involving a fridge freezer in the kitchen...Read more

15th January, 2020 - 9:37 PM : A crew attended a chip pan fire that was out on arrival, the residents...Read more

Tumble dryer fire in Howard Road, Bournemouth today (16th Dec 2019)


Date: 16th December, 2019

At 6:13am this morning, firefighters from Springbourne, Westbourne, Redhill Park and Christchurch were called to reports of a fire in the laundry of a care home on Howard Road, Bournemouth. The fire, which involved a tumble dryer, was extinguished using four sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels and one main line.

Group Manager Katie Cornhill, who attended this incident said: “Firefighters did a great job getting this fire under control quickly. I would urge anyone who uses a tumble dryer, either at home or at work, to ensure they never leave the premises unattended whilst the tumble dryer is in use. It is also really important to ensure working alarms are located in laundry rooms, to give that early warning should the worst happen. By closing the doors whilst evacuating the building, staff also prevented smoke from damaging the building further. In this case the staff implemented the emergency procedures effectively and residents responded to the fire alarms activating. The business was able to temporarily relocate residents quickly and safely using their business continuity plans.”

The stop message was received at 7.01am and all fire crews were back at their home station by 7.30am.

The attached pictures were taken at the incident, if used please credit Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service.

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: