Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

14th December, 2019 - 11.09am: Wareham - One crew from the Wareham fire station were mobilised to a r...Read more

14th December, 2019 - 11.07am: Sherborne - Both crews from the Sherborne fire station and assistance ...Read more

13th December, 2019 - 11:03: At 11:03 fire engines from Poole extinguished a car fire on the off-sl...Read more

12th December, 2019 - 6.02pm: One pump from Wincanton were mobilised to a report of an alarm actuati...Read more

12th December, 2019 - 5.46pm: Two pumps from Weymouth and a flexi-duty officer were mobilised to a r...Read more

12th December, 2019 - 1:58 PM : A crew have extinguished a car fire this afternoon using 2 breathing a...Read more

12th December, 2019 - 1:03 PM : Crews have released a 2 year old child who was locked in a car using s...Read more

12th December, 2019 - 11:20 AM : Crews attended a chip pan fire in the kitchen of a domestic property t...Read more

12th December, 2019 - 09:04 AM : Crew released a child that was locked in a bedroom at a domestic prope...Read more

12th December, 2019 - 09:02 AM : Crew released a man who was locked in a refuse room at a property this...Read more

Safety warning about leaving cooking unattended


Date: 27th August, 2019

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people not to leave cooking unattended after a flat fire yesterday (26 August).

An elderly man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after leaving pans switched on and unattended; he only became aware that fire had broken out when the smoke alarm sounded.

Station Manager Steve Broad said: “Nearly two thirds of all accidental dwelling fires in Dorset and Wiltshire start in the kitchen, and this incident shows just how easy it is for accidents to happen. Thankfully, this property had a working smoke alarm and the occupant was able to escape the flat before fire crews arrived, but the damage to his home is quite severe.”

The Fire and Rescue Service has the following kitchen safety advice:

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service provide free Safe and Well visits, which aim to make you safer in your own home. A member of DWFRS staff will come to your home and provide you with bespoke home safety advice, covering areas such as the use of candles, cooking, electric blankets, overloading sockets, chimneys, low energy light bulbs and much more. They even fit or replace smoke alarms, if appropriate.

To request a free Safe & Well visit, call 0800 038 2323 or visit www.dwfire.org.uk/safety for more information and advice.

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: