Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

25th September, 2017 - 12.35pm: One pump from Stratton Retained attended report of flooding inside a p...Read more

25th September, 2017 - 11.01am: One pump from Dorchester, one pump from Weymouth and one pump from Ber...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 04.02am: Crews from Westlea and Swindon attended reports of a freezer fire in a...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.57am: Crew from Corsham extinguished a car fire using 2 hose reel jets and 2...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.54am: Crews from Swindon attended a kitchen fire in a mid-terraced 2-storey ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 10.35pm: Crew from Salisbury extinguished a small fire located off the Wilton R...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 9.39pm: Crew from Corsham extinguished a small fire involving hedge cuttings u...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 8.47pm: Crew from Chippenham attended a small fire in the open out on arrival ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 7.18pm: Crew from Redhill Park mobilised to reports of a kitchen fire in a dom...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 5.08pm: Crews from Charmouth, Lyme Regis, Axminster, Bridport, Maiden Newton a...Read more

Poole couple escape fire thanks to working smoke alarm


Date: 22nd June, 2016

A working smoke alarm potentially saved the lives of a Poole couple when fire broke out in their home in the early hours of this morning (22 June).

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the property in Twyford Way, Canford Heath at 4.52am and found a well developed fire within the two storey house.

Three appliances from Poole and one from Redhill Park attended, and firefighters used four breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a main jet to tackle the blaze, which started in the conservatory.

Station Manager Stuart Gillion said: “The occupants were asleep upstairs and were woken up by the smoke alarm. The fire had already spread throughout the ground floor and they were incredibly lucky to be able to escape unharmed. If they hadn’t been alerted to the danger by their smoke alarm, this incident could have resulted in a tragic outcome.”

He added: “We believe the fire started accidentally with an electrical fault in the conservatory. The whole house has been badly damaged because all of the internal doors were open, and we would also remind people of the importance of closing doors as part of a night-time routine.”

The Fire and Rescue Service recommends that homes should have smoke alarms fitted on each floor of the property. To keep them in good working order, you should:

For more information about keeping fire safe at home – including guidance on a good night-time routine and planning an escape route – visit www.dwfire.org.uk/safety-at-home

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service also offers free Safe and Well visits, where householders can receive bespoke fire safety advice at home. For more information, call free on 0800 038 2323 or visit www.dwfire.org.uk

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: