Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

15th December, 2018 - 12.39pm: West Ashton- Crews from Trowbridge and Westbury attended a road traffi...Read more

15th December, 2018 - 8.03am: Weymouth- A crew from Weymouth attended a bus shelter on fire on King ...Read more

14th December, 2018 - 5.07pm: One pump from Stratton St. Margaret was mobilised to a report of a roa...Read more

14th December, 2018 - 1:16pm: At 13:16 fire control took a 999 call to reports of smoke in a propert...Read more

14th December, 2018 - 11:29am: At 11:29 fire control took a 999 call to reports of a car that had gon...Read more

14th December, 2018 - 09:41am: At 09:41 fire control took a 999 call to reports of alarms sounding an...Read more

14th December, 2018 - 09:30am: At 09:30 we received a call to reports of two people stuck in a lift. ...Read more

14th December, 2018 - 07:42am: At 08:42 fire control took a 999 call to reports of a male stuck in a ...Read more

14th December, 2018 - 03:31am: One fire engine from Redhill fire station attended reports of a smoke ...Read more

13th December, 2018 - 10.05pm: Littleton, Semington - Appliances from Melksham and Trowbridge attende...Read more

Fire safety reminder to students


Date: 17th November, 2018

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is reminding students to make sure that they have working smoke alarms in their accommodation.

Nine students escaped a house fire this morning (17 November) in Bemister Road, Bournemouth, after a portable heater left too close to bedding led to fire breaking out.

Four crews – from Redhill Park, Westbourne, Christchurch and Springbourne – were called to the detached property at 5.39am and found a well-developed fire in a ground floor bedroom. Four breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a main jet were used to extinguish the blaze.

Volunteers from the British Red Cross emergency response team attended to support the displaced students, who are now being assisted by Bournemouth Borough Council to find alternative accommodation.

Station Manager Stuart Granger said: “Fortunately, the student in the affected room woke up and started to raise the alarm, with the smoke alarm also activating. As a result, all nine people in the house escaped safely. This incident is a sobering reminder about not leaving portable heaters on and close to flammable materials, such as bedding, but also proves the value of working smoke alarms. Ideally, every property should have one on the ceiling of every level, and they should be tested regularly.”

Other fire safety top tips for students are:

For more fire safety advice, visit www.dwfire.org.uk/safety

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: