Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

29th February, 2024 - 8.45pm: Two crews from Swanage and one from Wareham were called to High Street...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 5.12pm: At 5.12pm we received a call to alarms operating in a residential prop...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 4.59pm: At 4.59pm we received a call to alarms operating in a residential prop...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 4.39pm: At 4.39pm we received a call to alarms operating in a residential prop...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 4.06pm: At 4.06pm we received a call to water coming into an electrical socket...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 2.35pm: At 2.35pm we received a call to a fire in a domestic property in South...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 2.11pm: At 2.11pm we received a call to alarms operating in a domestic propert...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 12.58pm: At 12.58pm we received a call to alarms operating in a residential pro...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 12.56pm: At 12.56pm we received a call to alarms in a property in Stockton, nea...Read more

28th February, 2024 - 11.45am: We have been receiving calls to a fire seen in the area of Turbary Com...Read more

Dogs rescued from flat fire


Date: 2nd February, 2024

Two dogs were rescued from a flat in Bournemouth this morning (2 February) by Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Four crews, from Springbourne, Westbourne, Christchurch and Redhill Park, were called to the premises on Christchurch Road at 9.01am after a neighbour heard the smoke alarms sounding and called 999.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus gained entry to the affected property and rescued two dogs – the occupier was not at home at the time. They also brought a resident from the second floor to safety using a fire escape hood.

A hose reel jet and a main jet were used to extinguish the fire, and mechanical ventilation was used to clear the smoke.

The dogs were given oxygen by firefighters using equipment provided by the Smokey Paws charity, and were taken to a vet for precautionary checks.

It is believed that the fire started accidentally in a kitchen appliance. Advice on kitchen safety can be found at www.dwfire.org.uk/kitchen-safety

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: