Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

13th November, 2019 - 12:22 PM : A crew from Weymouth has attended a bin fire near the Kings Statue on ...Read more

13th November, 2019 - 10:01 AM : Crews have released 1 elderly female from a vehicle that had driven in...Read more

13th November, 2019 - 08:01: 08:01 A crew from Swindon was mobilised to alarms sounding at a Reside...Read more

10th November, 2019 - 11:34pm: DW Fire Control received an emergency call requesting our attendance a...Read more

10th November, 2019 - 8:51pm: 2 pumps from Poole are at Verity Crescent at a house fire. The fire in...Read more

10th November, 2019 - 8pm: One pump from Dorchester went to reports of a small fire on Kings Road...Read more

10th November, 2019 - 7:31pm: Crews from Redhill Park and Westbourne Fire Station were mobilised to ...Read more

9th November, 2019 - 22:40: A crew from Redhill Park Fire Station extinguished a fire in the skate...Read more

9th November, 2019 - 22:11: Two fire crews from Salisbury Fire Station were mobilised to a road tr...Read more

9th November, 2019 - 18:40: At 18:40 today, we received a call to a chimney fire in Quemerford, Ca...Read more

Warning to take care with household chemicals


Date: 27th September, 2019

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service has warned people to take care with household chemicals, following an incident last night (26 September).

The occupier inadvertently mixed two household chemicals in an attempt to unblock a sink, but the resulting mixture created a noxious gas, causing irritation to their eyes and breathing problems. Thankfully, the property’s occupants were able to leave the home safely.

Fire crews using breathing apparatus and chemical gloves were able to ventilate the property while removing and safely disposing of the remaining chemicals.

Station Manager James Plumley, a hazardous materials officer who attended the incident, said: “Chemicals can be harmful substances, no matter if you are a home or in a lab. However, home chemical use can be very dangerous, especially if chemicals are mixed by homeowners, either intentionally or unintentionally. Mixing chemicals can create explosions and noxious gasses, both of which could cause injuries or death. Therefore, homeowners are strongly advised not to mix any household chemicals and always read the label prior to use, to ensure that the correct safety measures are followed.”

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: