Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

26th September, 2021 - 10:14: Crews from Trowbridge and Chippenham were sent to a fire in the back g...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 21:19: Fire fighters from Westbourne, Redhill Park and Springbourne Fire Stat...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 19:44: Fire fighters from Christchurch Fire Station attended a road traffic c...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 19:27: Fire Control received 2 calls to 2 small fires on Studland beach.  A f...Read more

24th September, 2021 - 08:22: Crews from Devizes and Trowbridge attended reports of a shed fire in W...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 19:00: A rubbish fire in a wooded area, which included a discarded fridge, wa...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 12:04: Multiple calls received in Fire Control for a fire to the rear of a ga...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 09:21: Fire engines from Chippenham, Calne and Westlea plus a water carrier f...Read more

22nd September, 2021 - 09:23: Fire engine from Springbourne extinguished a small refuse fire using o...Read more

21st September, 2021 - 14.39: A fire crew from Blandford has extinguished a small fire in a refuse b...Read more

Service supports 11th Gas Safety Week


Date: 13th September, 2021

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is supporting Gas Safety Week (13 – 19 September 2021) and will be using the campaign to raise awareness of the importance of gas safety, as well as highlighting how the public can ensure they keep themselves safe from dangerous gas appliances.

2021 marks the 11th year of Gas Safety Week, a campaign coordinated by Gas Safe Register, which encourages organisations from across the UK to work together to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

This year, Gas Safety Week is addressing a whole range of gas safety matters for gas users across the country – from advice about how to stay gas safe, to raising awareness of using a registered engineer who is legally qualified, to ensure consumers don’t suffer from the effects of illegal gas work through lack of awareness.

Safe & Well Manager Vikki Thomas said: “Unsafe gas appliances can put your life in danger. If you don’t have your annual gas safety check from a registered engineer you could be at risk of fires, gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning. We recommend that homes with gas boilers, solid fuel burning appliances, such as wood burners, agas and open fireplaces have carbon monoxide detectors as well as working smoke alarms – they really do save lives.”

Jonathan Samuel, chief executive for Gas Safe Register, said: “It’s great to see so many people supporting Gas Safety Week this year to help share important and, in some cases, lifesaving advice about gas safety. The last year or so has taught us the vital importance of helping and supporting those in our communities. Ensuring people always use a suitably qualified Gas Safe registered engineer to work on gas appliances in their homes is a great way to show how we can work together to stay gas safe.’’

To keep you and your family safe, follow these top tips:

For more information on carbon monoxide safety, visit www.dwfire.org.uk/carbon-monoxide

Gas Safe Register is the official register for legally qualified engineers. You can find a registered engineer in your area by visiting the Gas Safe Register website at GasSafeRegister.co.uk

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: