Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

18th February, 2020 - 22:14: At 22:14, crews from Royal Wootton Bassett and Westlea attended a car ...Read more

18th February, 2020 - 09:52: A crew from Westlea attended Oakham Close, Toothill, Swindon where a 7...Read more

18th February, 2020 - 08:41: Crews from Bradford on Avon and Trowbridge were mobilised to Staverton...Read more

17th February, 2020 - 21:33: At 21:33, a crew from Malmesbury attended a road traffic collision inv...Read more

16th February, 2020 - 1:32pm: Swindon crew were mobilised to flooding of several properties. Good pr...Read more

16th February, 2020 - 12:12pm: We were called to assist a private property that were making their own...Read more

16th February, 2020 - 09:43am: A member of public made an emergency call as they had witnessed two sm...Read more

13th February, 2020 - 10.55am: 1) Driver and vehicle stuck in flood water Matchams Lane, Hurn - advic...Read more

14th February, 2020 - 7:02 PM : An Officer and the aerial platform from Swindon attended a dangerous s...Read more

14th February, 2020 - 7:26 PM : Crews have extinguished a kitchen fire involving a microwave oven usin...Read more

Man rescued from property fire in Swindon


Date: 19th July, 2019

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the property in Dulverton Avenue, Swindon at 5:37am today, with three fire crews attending, two from Swindon and one from Stratton. Six breathing apparatus wearers used three hose reel jets and one safety jet to extinguish the fire.

After a quick search of the property, two breathing apparatus wearers discovered and rescued a 57 year old man. He was treated for severe smoke inhalation by South Western Ambulance Service paramedics and taken to Great Western Hospital.  The neighbouring residents were also evacuated and quickly brought to safety. The neighbour who made the 999 call from the flat above saw smoke in the corridor and could hear someone shouting “Fire” and also heard an Automatic Fire Alarm.

Station Manager Dave Adamson said: “This fire was accidental and caused by candles inappropriately positioned . If you do use candles in your home, ensure they are in a secure fire resistant holder away from furniture and curtains. We would also  like to remind the public of the importance of having correctly fitted working smoke alarms in your home and these should be tested regularly. Smoke alarms save lives.”

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service provides free Safe and Well visits, where a member of staff will come to your home and provide you with bespoke home safety advice, covering areas such as the use of candles, cooking, electric blankets, overloading sockets, chimneys, low energy light bulbs and much more. They even fit or replace smoke alarms, if appropriate.

To see if you qualify for a Safe & Well visit, call 0800 038 2323 or visit www.dwfire.org.uk/safety for more information and advice.

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: