Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

20th September, 2020 - 02:30am: Poole - Four pumping appliances, a water carrier and an aerial applian...Read more

19th September, 2020 - 11:30pm: Swindon - Two crews from Stratton and Cricklade attended a small fire ...Read more

19th September, 2020 - 10:17pm: Bournemouth - Crews from Westbourne, Springbourne and Redhill Park wer...Read more

19th September, 2020 - 8:09pm: Langley Burrell - A crew from Chippenham are currently in attendance a...Read more

19th September, 2020 - 7:48pm: Boscombe - A crew from Springbourne have attended a fire outside a dom...Read more

19th September, 2020 - 6:50pm: Langley Burrell - a crew from Chippenham have attended a fire involvin...Read more

19th September, 2020 - 10.23: Firefighters from Trowbridge have extinguished a garden bonfire which ...Read more

18th September, 2020 - 7:52 PM: Crews have attended a fire involving waste building materials that had...Read more

18th September, 2020 - 7:52 PM : Crews have attended a fire involving waste material that had spread to...Read more

18th September, 2020 - 12:44 PM: Crews have been in attendance at a fire involving gorse and woodland m...Read more

Flat fire in Weymouth

Date: 30th August, 2020

At 08.16am this morning, Fire Control received calls to a suspected property fire in Hereford Road, Weymouth.

One crew from Weymouth initially attended but on arrival found a fire in a first floor flat and requested support. At the height of this incident, fire crews were in attendance from Weymouth (x2) and Portland. Firefighters used four sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels, one main line and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire and check for hotspots.

Station Manager Sean Blizzard, who attended this incident said: “We believe this fire, which was contained to one room of the property, was caused by an unattended candle. There were working smoke alarms in the flat, without which this incident could have been far worse. The occupier was taken hospital by our ambulance service colleagues.”

The stop message was received at 08.58am but firefighters remained on scene until 9.45am supporting fire investigation work.

results found.

Post Holders: