Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

25th September, 2017 - 12.35pm: One pump from Stratton Retained attended report of flooding inside a p...Read more

25th September, 2017 - 11.01am: One pump from Dorchester, one pump from Weymouth and one pump from Ber...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 04.02am: Crews from Westlea and Swindon attended reports of a freezer fire in a...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.57am: Crew from Corsham extinguished a car fire using 2 hose reel jets and 2...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.54am: Crews from Swindon attended a kitchen fire in a mid-terraced 2-storey ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 10.35pm: Crew from Salisbury extinguished a small fire located off the Wilton R...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 9.39pm: Crew from Corsham extinguished a small fire involving hedge cuttings u...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 8.47pm: Crew from Chippenham attended a small fire in the open out on arrival ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 7.18pm: Crew from Redhill Park mobilised to reports of a kitchen fire in a dom...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 5.08pm: Crews from Charmouth, Lyme Regis, Axminster, Bridport, Maiden Newton a...Read more

Fire caused by unattended candle


Date: 4th November, 2016

At 10.35pm on 2 November, crews from Springbourne and Redhill Park were alerted to a property fire in St Luke’s Road, Bournemouth.

Crews arrived within four minutes and were confronted with a fire in a first floor bedroom. This was extinguished by four breathing apparatus wearers, using two hose reels. The six occupants of the house escaped uninjured prior to the arrival of the Fire and Rescue Service.

Springbourne Watch Manager Jason Browne, who took charge of this incident, said: “We believe this fire was caused by an unattended candle. There was a smoke alarm on both the first floor and ground floor of this property; however, the alarm on the first floor did not operate and it was only once the smoke had built up and reached the ground floor alarm that the residents were alerted to the fire. The first floor alarm had not been tested by any of the occupants since they took up residency – they didn’t even realise it was there! They were only aware of the ground floor one due to it going of occasionally due to cooking.”

He added: “Candles should not be left unattended and should always be placed on a heat proof service. If you’re burning a candle and need to leave the room or are distracted, please make sure you extinguish it fully. Smoke alarms should be tested once a week and batteries replaced when necessary. For more information on smoke alarms or candle safety, please have a look at the Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service website – www.dwfire.org.uk or contact us on 01722 691000.”

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: