Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

23rd June, 2022 - 8:24pm: Knightsdale Road, Weymouth - A crew from Weymouth station attended a c...Read more

23rd June, 2022 - 9:21pm: Limpley Stoke - Our crew from Trowbridge assisted Avon Fire & Resc...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 3.01pm: At 3.01pm we received a call to a fire behind the Pavilion Theatre, We...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 2.43pm: At 2.43pm we received a call to a fuel leak from a car outside the One...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 2.41pm: At 2.41pm we received a call to alarms operating in a residential prop...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 1.48pm: At 1.48pm we received a call to alarms activating in a residential pro...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 1.46pm: At 1.46pm we received a call to alarms activating in a school in The S...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 1.33pm: At 1.33pm we received a call to a cow stuck in the river near Beaconsf...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 1.27pm: At 1.27pm we received a call to a wooden shed on fire in Clayford Aven...Read more

22nd June, 2022 - 1.24pm: At 1.24pm we received a call to alarms activating in a residential pro...Read more

Fire in flat – Bournemouth

Date: 9th April, 2022

Time: 7:28pm

Description: At 19:28 we received a call reporting smoke in a flat in Undercliff Road, Bournemouth. The smoke was also reported to be affecting other flats in the building. One fire engine from each of Springbourne and Christchurch stations were mobilised to investigate. There was no one reported as being inside the flat where the smoke was coming from. Once in attendance, the firefighters discovered smoke logging in the building and made entry into the originating flat. They discovered that the smoke was caused by an incense stick having been placed in a plant pot, which then burnt down to the roots of the plant, causing it to smoulder. The fire was extinguished by removing the plant pot to fresh air and a small amount of water. Please be careful when leaving your property to ensure that all items are extinguished. As well as the potential fire risks, please consider the effect that tying up fire engines can have, and the fact that we may have to cause damage to your property to gain entry and/or cause distress to your neighbours and other members of the public The image below is the offending plant and remnants of the incense stick, which caused the flat and other areas of the building to start filling with smoke.     .

Location: Undercliff Road, Boscombe, Bournemouth, UK

Attending Stations:
results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: