This department provides and maintains our operational assets, ensuring that they are available when required, and that they are strategically aligned to the needs of the Service. The areas covered include:
This department is principally concerned with:
- laptops, desktops and servers
- network and security management
- software development and support
- mobile and fixed telephony
- operational communications and station-end equipment
- help desk
- 24/7 support.
Integrated Risk Management Planning (IRMP)
Work associated with IRMP will integrate other aspects of Service Support, such as estates, fleet and equipment. It also incorporates elements of fire cover, response standards, duty systems and ways of working that need to be reviewed to ensure that we deliver value for money. The IRMP team work with both internal and external partners to ensure that the right information is available at the right time to inform all risk planning and mitigation.
This department primarily:
- delivers resilience planning, including fulfilling the needs of two Local Resilience Forums
- supports the Collaborative Partnership in the production of operational guidance
- manages the organisation’s Operational Risk Information
- manages staff resourcing, including on-call, whole time and flexi-duty officers
- monitors our operational effectiveness through audit and assurance (including incident feedback and de-brief).
It researches and introduces incident ground technology to ensure that we continue to maximise firefighter safety. The team also has managerial responsibility for the Service Control Centre.