Operational Training & Learning and Development
The core functions of this department are to:
- deliver an aligned operational competence framework to all operational staff
- design and deliver an Operational Licence to ensure that core skills are maintained
- deliver acquisition and refresher courses aligned to national guidance and legislative requirements to comply with statutory responsibilities
- assess and monitor competence, supporting staff to develop skills
- leadership development
- learning and development (including E Learning)
- development Pathways
- personal Reviews.
The core functions of HR are:
- HR infrastructure, including payroll and pensions provision, e-recruitment, HR Management Information Systems and Occupational Health
- workforce planning including succession planning and talent management.
- supporting and embedding new structures and ways of working, managing TUPE issues, HR advice on terms and conditions
- change management – embedding the vision and values, and supporting the managers and staff through the transition (supporting change interventions and employee engagement)
- the provision of advice, guidance, and support on all HR related matters, for example change management, recruitment, discipline and grievance, management of attendance
- a core HR services team that will give professional advice and deal with all HR related transactions, including e-recruitment, terms and conditions, payroll, pensions, management of data
- professional health and wellbeing advice and guidance for staff, including the management of Occupational Health, staff counselling and fitness
- supporting managers with recruitment and selection.