Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to helping the communities it serves and recognises that its premises are located at the heart of those communities. We are therefore offering the meeting rooms at many of our stations for use by community groups and external agencies.
Preference will be given to groups who:
- contribute to community safety and give access to partnership working
- have the potential to share fire safety and/or road safety messages to the wider community, such as providing referrals or equivalent prevention activity
- offer direct support to charitable organisations
- contribute to delivering the Service’s strategic priorities, as set out in the Community Safety Plan.
In the interest of fairness, the maximum duration for any repeat booking shall be for three months.
Our premises will not be used by any group or organisations who seek to charge and profit from the events held on our premises. You may be referred to the Station Manager in charge of the premises to discuss this further if there is any doubt in the intended use.
List of DWFRS premises currently available for use * indicates wheelchair accessible
|Bradford on Avon *||Calne *|
|Gillingham *||Hamworthy *|
|Lyme Regis *||Maiden Newton *|
|Malmesbury *||Marlborough *|
|Melksham *||Pewsey *|
|Royal Wootton Bassett||Salisbury|
|Warminster *||Westbury *|
What do you need to do next?
Please contact our team by emailing [email protected] You will be sent a booking form to complete and return.
You may be contacted by the Station Manager in charge of the premises to discuss your intended use further.
Subject to meeting our eligibility requirements and the premises being available, a pre-meet will be required prior to first use. The purpose of this will be to cover:
- confirmation of booking form details
- tour of the premises
- completion of a joint risk assessment
- agree and sign the User Agreement of Use
Following successful completion of the pre-meet, you will be notified by our team of the next steps.