Safe and Independent Living (SAIL) is a partnership between local authorities, Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, the Police, voluntary organisations, local groups and services, Age UK and local health services.
SAIL can provide people with additional support, services or information, including:
- Fitting free smoke detectors and having a home safety check;
- A home energy check and information about grants for insulation;
- Benefit checks to ensure that people are receiving everything that they are entitled to;
- Debt advice;
- Signposting to local social opportunities such as lunch clubs, exercise classes or learning centres;
- Signposting to falls prevention services; and
- Support to live a healthier lifestyle.
SAIL has been established in Dorset for some years, working with a range of partners including Dorset Energy Advice Service Centre.
The Scheme is now being extended into Wiltshire, led by Wiltshire Council and involving a number of voluntary organisations.
For more information on SAIL, or if you know someone who would benefit from SAIL, please contact the Safe and Well team on 0800 038 2323.