Deliberately set fires account for the majority of agricultural fires.
You can reduce the impact and occurrence of arson at your property by:
- Ensuring that your property is properly insured.
- Making your property as secure as possible – this could include locking gates and buildings, and erecting security lights or cameras.
- Being vigilant and looking out for your neighbours as well.
- Using your risk assessment to identify hazards and determine how you can prevent losses in the event of a fire.
- Clearing away rubbish or flammable materials from around buildings.