Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service exists to make life safer for people. To do this, we need a dedicated, professional team of Operational and Corporate staff with a diverse range of skills, knowledge and expertise.
We rely on our staff to help us achieve our priorities and objectives, and we aim to develop and maintain a healthy, safe, well-trained workforce which is representative of our community.
We currently employ full time and on-call firefighters at our 50 fire stations, and our Operational staff are supported by Corporate and Control staff.
Everyone knows that we’re here to respond to emergency calls, but Operational and Corporate staff also work together to deliver lots of other services to our community, including:
- Educating people about preventing fire in their homes and avoiding road traffic collisions;
- Assessing risks across our area and planning resources to ensure that we can respond in an emergency;
- Co-ordinating our resources and responses with other public sector agencies such as the police, ambulance service and local authorities;
- Advising businesses about the safety of commercial premises;
- Supporting national resilience for critical incidents by maintaining our resources and planning for major emergencies; and
- Working with our rural communities to provide services that meet their needs.
As well as the satisfaction our employees get from providing an essential service to people across Dorset and Wiltshire, we do our best to ensure that everyone is developed in their role and motivated within their team.
Benefits include flexible working opportunities, a pension scheme, and childcare vouchers.
As a Service, we are a Stonewall Diversity Champion.