For you and your neighbours to become a Firewise Community, you will need to do the following:
- Each homeowner should complete a home safety checklist to help make the home more resilient to wildfire.
- An individual from the residents/community will need to be the lead person to oversee the action plan and communication.
- The home safety checklist outcomes should be followed to agree a plan of action for the community.
- The group should then work together to carry out any works identified in the action plan or organise community events to promote the Firewise project (minimum of one day per year with partners).
- As a minimum, there must be an annual meeting and an annual update on activities must be provided to those involved and also partners.