Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

15th February, 2019 - 11.35pm: Ringstead - Crews from the Weymouth, Dorchester and a Water Carrier fr...Read more

15th February, 2019 - 6.38pm: A303 - One crew from the Devon and Somersets Wincanton fire station an...Read more

15th February, 2019 - 12:42pm: Three appliances from Chippenham, Corsham and Trowbridge attended a fi...Read more

15th February, 2019 - 12:26pm: Two appliances from Shaftesbury and Blandford are in attendance at a r...Read more

15th February, 2019 - 11:45am: Two appliances from Chippenham attended a fire in a first floor bedroo...Read more

15th February, 2019 - 11:34am: An appliance from Ferndown attended a vehicle fire in Medway Road. The...Read more

15th February, 2019 - 10:57am: Three appliances from Amesbury and Salisbury attended a fire involving...Read more

15th February, 2019 - 08:47am: A crew from Stratton are currently attending to a gas leak from a refr...Read more

14th February, 2019 - 7.36pm: Melksham - Crews from Melksham and Trowbridge attended a road traffic ...Read more

14th February, 2019 - 5.37pm: Bournemouth - Crews from Springbourne and Christchurch were called to ...Read more

Warning on candle safety after bedroom fire


Date: 6th December, 2018

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people to take care with candles after a bedroom fire last night (5 December).

Fire crews were called to a property in Swindon, where a candle had been allowed to burn down inside a glass holder which was placed on top of a satellite television box. Because the candle burned right down, the glass holder overheated and broke.

Station Manager Greg Izon said: “Fortunately, the occupier returned home before going to work, so discovered the fire and raised the alarm. As such, the damage was contained to the bedroom, but it could have been a lot worse. You should extinguish candles when you leave the room, always make sure none are still burning if you are leaving the house or going to sleep, and only ever use correct holders on solid surfaces.”

The Service has the following advice for the safe use of candles:

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service offers free Safe & Well visits – to see if you are eligible, call free on 0800 038 2323. More home fire safety advice can be found at www.dwfire.org.uk/safety

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: