Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

2nd August, 2021 - 4:13pm: Bushton, Royal Wootton Bassett - Two crews from Royal Wootton Bassett ...Read more

2nd August, 2021 - 2:15pm: Bournemouth - a crew from Springbourne attended alarms sounding at a d...Read more

2nd August, 2021 - 1:55pm: Lychett Matravers - three pumps from Poole and Hamworthy, and two wate...Read more

2nd August, 2021 - 11:53am: Bloxworth,Wareham - Three crews from Poole are currently in attendance...Read more

2nd August, 2021 - 08:40am: Weymouth - A crew from Weymouth have attended a fire in a kitchen at a...Read more

1st August, 2021 - 8.06pm: Higher Frome Vauchurch - Maiden Newton and Dorchester crews mobilised ...Read more

1st August, 2021 - 6.22pm: Bournemouth - Redhill Park, Springbourne and Westbourne crews were mob...Read more

1st August, 2021 - 10:56: At 10:56 crews from Springbourne, Westbourne and Redhill were mobilise...Read more

1st August, 2021 - 10:01: 10:01 Crew from Swindon attended Great Western Hospital to assist with...Read more

31st July, 2021 - 13.25: Two fire crews are currently in attendance on the A35 Puddletown Bypas...Read more

Smoke alarms save students following dishwasher fire


Date: 23rd March, 2021

Smoke alarms save students following dishwasher fire

Firefighters from Redhill Park, Bournemouth have praised the actions of students following a dishwasher fire in their accommodation.

Firefighters were called to reports of a dishwasher fire in Talbot Road, Bournemouth at around 10pm on Sunday evening. On arrival the crew found all the occupants of the property had evacuated. They removed the dishwasher from the property.

Watch Manager Jason Browne said: “Although we wouldn’t normally recommend it, the students were able to deal with the fire due to reacting immediately to the fire alarm that alerted them. Two water fire extinguishers were used to extinguish the fire successfully before all the residents evacuated and flagged down the attending fire appliance.

He added: “This incident shows the unquestionable value of a well-maintained fire alarm system and the benefits of reacting to it immediately should it sound. In this case the fire alarm alerted the occupiers of the property allowing them time to tackle the fire successfully with extinguishers. It is of course important to highlight that if in any doubt about your own safety, your capabilities, or the capabilities of the firefighting equipment a fire should not be tackled. The door to the room involved should be shut, evacuate the building and call the fire service.”

The stop message was received at 10.28pm and firefighters returned to Redhill Park shortly afterwards.

For more advice on smoke alarms, their placements and testing or general home fire safety advice, please have a look at www.dwfire.org.uk/safety/safety-at-home/

 

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: