Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

25th September, 2017 - 12.35pm: One pump from Stratton Retained attended report of flooding inside a p...Read more

25th September, 2017 - 11.01am: One pump from Dorchester, one pump from Weymouth and one pump from Ber...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 04.02am: Crews from Westlea and Swindon attended reports of a freezer fire in a...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.57am: Crew from Corsham extinguished a car fire using 2 hose reel jets and 2...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.54am: Crews from Swindon attended a kitchen fire in a mid-terraced 2-storey ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 10.35pm: Crew from Salisbury extinguished a small fire located off the Wilton R...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 9.39pm: Crew from Corsham extinguished a small fire involving hedge cuttings u...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 8.47pm: Crew from Chippenham attended a small fire in the open out on arrival ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 7.18pm: Crew from Redhill Park mobilised to reports of a kitchen fire in a dom...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 5.08pm: Crews from Charmouth, Lyme Regis, Axminster, Bridport, Maiden Newton a...Read more

Safety reminder after house fire


Date: 2nd August, 2016

The dangers of unattended candles and the importance of working smoke alarms have been highlighted by a fire at Corfe Mullen this morning (2 August).

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to a house in Pardys Hill at 2.34am, with two crews from Wimborne attending.

They found that an unattended candle had set fire to curtains in the ground floor living room of the property.

A woman living in the house was taken to hospital by South Western Ambulance Service for precautionary checks, having breathed in a lot of smoke.

A neighbour who entered the house to rescue two pet dogs and a parrot also put out the fire. He was treated at the scene by paramedics for minor smoke inhalation.

Fire crews ensured that the fire was fully extinguished, and fitted smoke alarms within the house.

Station Manager Steve Broad said: “The occupier was very lucky as she was still awake and became aware of the fire very quickly. The house didn’t have working smoke alarms so, had she been asleep, the outcome could have been far different.”

The Fire and Rescue Service has the following advice about the safe use of candles in the home:

For more fire safety advice, or to request a free Safe and Well visit, visit www.dwfire.org.uk/safety

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: