Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

25th September, 2017 - 12.35pm: One pump from Stratton Retained attended report of flooding inside a p...Read more

25th September, 2017 - 11.01am: One pump from Dorchester, one pump from Weymouth and one pump from Ber...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 04.02am: Crews from Westlea and Swindon attended reports of a freezer fire in a...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.57am: Crew from Corsham extinguished a car fire using 2 hose reel jets and 2...Read more

24th September, 2017 - 01.54am: Crews from Swindon attended a kitchen fire in a mid-terraced 2-storey ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 10.35pm: Crew from Salisbury extinguished a small fire located off the Wilton R...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 9.39pm: Crew from Corsham extinguished a small fire involving hedge cuttings u...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 8.47pm: Crew from Chippenham attended a small fire in the open out on arrival ...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 7.18pm: Crew from Redhill Park mobilised to reports of a kitchen fire in a dom...Read more

23rd September, 2017 - 5.08pm: Crews from Charmouth, Lyme Regis, Axminster, Bridport, Maiden Newton a...Read more

Home safety reminder following bedroom fire


Date: 1st September, 2016

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people about the importance of the safe disposal of cigarette ends, following a house fire in Bournemouth this morning (1 September).

Firefighters were called to a semi-detached property in Pilot Height Road at 5.30am and found a first floor bedroom well alight.

Crews from Redhill, Springbourne, Westbourne and Poole attended, together with the aerial appliance from Westbourne. Six breathing apparatus wearers used one main jet and two hose reel jets to tackle the blaze, which destroyed the bedroom and caused severe smoke damage to the rest of the first floor.

The family of four within the house were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms and escaped uninjured. The British Red Cross emergency response team from Springbourne was mobilised to offer the family support and shelter.

An investigation determined that the fire started after the contents of an ashtray were tipped into a plastic bin, igniting tissues inside.

If you smoke indoors, remember to ‘put it out – right out’ and:

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service offers free Safe and Well visits – call 0800 038 2323 to make a request. A wide range of home fire safety advice can be found at www.dwfire.org.uk/safety-at-home

results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: