Date: 6th March, 2021
Description: Crews worked hard to save a detached house in Stert this evening after fire broke out in the thatched roof. The fire was contained to the roof, and the contents of the property were moved to safety so they wouldn't be water damaged. The fire started accidentally, with investigations centring on the chimney stack, although the scale of damage and difficulty of access in this area prevented an exact cause being identified. Thanks to Devon & Somerset FRS for sending two crews from Frome to assist.
Location: Stert, Devizes, UK