Date: 24th June, 2019
Description: At 09:42 DWFRS received a call reporting a shed on fire in the garden of a property on Grasmere Road, Sandbanks, Poole. One pump from Poole and one pump from Springbourne were mobilised to attend. On arrival crews found a shed fire well alight which they extinguished using one hose reel jet and one main line. One gas cylinder from a barbecue was removed from the shed and was vented off and cooled. Due to the possible presence of very localised asbestos sheeting, crews are remaining in attendance dampening down, making safe and awaiting the arrival of a local authority officer to provide further guidance. A hazardous materials officer from DWFRS is also in attendance and affected residents have all been informed.
Location: Grasmere Road, Poole, UK