Emergency? Call 999

For general enquiries

Contact Us

Latest Incidents

20th February, 2020 - 12:04pm: Crews from Stratton, Swindon and Westlea Fire Station have attended to...Read more

20th February, 2020 - 8:04am: A crew from Wimborne Fire Station have responded to alarms activating ...Read more

18th February, 2020 - 22:14: At 22:14, crews from Royal Wootton Bassett and Westlea attended a car ...Read more

18th February, 2020 - 09:52: A crew from Westlea attended Oakham Close, Toothill, Swindon where a 7...Read more

18th February, 2020 - 08:41: Crews from Bradford on Avon and Trowbridge were mobilised to Staverton...Read more

17th February, 2020 - 21:33: At 21:33, a crew from Malmesbury attended a road traffic collision inv...Read more

16th February, 2020 - 1:32pm: Swindon crew were mobilised to flooding of several properties. Good pr...Read more

16th February, 2020 - 12:12pm: We were called to assist a private property that were making their own...Read more

16th February, 2020 - 09:43am: A member of public made an emergency call as they had witnessed two sm...Read more

13th February, 2020 - 10.55am: 1) Driver and vehicle stuck in flood water Matchams Lane, Hurn - advic...Read more

House fire – Perham Down

Date: 11th January, 2020

Time: 21:47pm

Description: At 21:47 a call was received from the occupant of a property in the Perham Down area reporting an electrical fire that had been put out. One fire engine from Ludgershall fire station was mobilised to the incident. Upon arrival the crew requested a second fire engine, which was mobilised from Andover fire station to assist with breathing apparatus as the property was smoke logged. The crews used 2 breathing apparatus sets and 1 hose reel jet and ventilated the property. This was a small fire that had been smouldering for most of the day in the front living room. It is believed to have been caused when a cushion fell onto hair straighteners and a hair drier that were plugged in to an extension lead and caught alight from residual heat. Always make sure that any electrical appliances are switched off when not in use, including extension leads. Heat proof mats are also recommended for placing hair straighteners on after use and that you ensure that there is no risk of any flammable objects falling on them.

Location: Perham Down, Andover SP11 9JZ, UK

Attending Stations:
results found.

Name:
Post Holders:
Grade: