Date: 26th April, 2019
Description: At 09:45 a vigilant neighbour called Dorset & Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service Control Centre as alarms were sounding and there was a smell of burning from a building on Walkwood Avenue, Bournemouth. They also advised that the building was empty, besides hearing a dog inside. Firefighters from Green Watch Springbourne & Christchurch Fire Stations attended and found a fire in the kitchen involving unattended cooking. They extinguished the fire using 2 firefighters in breathing apparatus with 1 hose reel. Crews also rescued the Jack Russel dog from the building and made safe, before handing back to the owner who returned whilst the crews were there. The incident was under control just after 10 am, and was saved from being a worse incident thanks to the building having working smoke detection, a vigilant neighbour who called for help and our fire crews.
Location: Walkwood Avenue, Bournemouth, UK