Looking for things to do during the school holiday? Why not try some of our fire safety themed activities?
Make your own fire safety poster for your kitchen! In fact, why not send to us via [email protected] and the best ones will win a prize and be featured on our social media. Entries need to be in by 1 March 2019.
You could include the following:
- What to do if clothes catch fire – Stop, drop and roll! Practice this and show your family what to do
- What to do if someone is burnt – Cool, call cover
- How to keep the kitchen safe – keep the area around the kitchen tidy, don’t play next to the cooker
- How to stay safe when cooking – listen to the adult, don’t reach for pans or in the grill or oven, never touch hot pans and parts of the cooker. Don’t let little children touch matches – remember, matches, lighters never touch, they can hurt you very much!
- Smoke alarms – make sure you home has working smoke alarms
Also worth a view is: