A free seminar on the benefits of sprinkler systems was held in Swindon on 14 March 2019, hosted by Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service on behalf of the British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association.
‘Exploring how automatic fire sprinklers provide residential and business communities with greater resilience to fire’ was held at the Sir Daniel Gooch Theatre, STEAM Museum, Swindon.
Amongst the presentations were:
- Julian Parsons, secretary of the National Fire Sprinkler Network – National Fire Chiefs’ Council research on efficiency and effectiveness of sprinklers, and preview of research into harm reduction
- Andy Fox and Ian Frazer, Plymouth Communities Homes – retrofitting our tower blocks, before, during and after
- Stewart Kidd, BAFSA special advisor – Grenfell Tower and also warehousing/recycling
- Darren Masini, Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service – a firefighter’s perspective
- Ian Gough, BAFSA technical advisor – retail and schools