Your previous evacuation plan would not have had to take into account many of the factors we all now face as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Below are some the factors you’ll need to consider when reviewing your emergency evacuation plan:
- One-way systems – if you have implemented a one way system in your premises, how does that affect your evacuation plan?
- Assembly points – does your current assembly point allow enough room for people to social distance when gathered?
- Use of lifts for visitors and residents who cannot use the stairs.
- Hand sanitising and washing facilities on evacuation and re-entry to the building.
- Clear escape routes – with lots of changes to how we use our spaces, it’s easy to let things pile up. Make sure your escape routes are clear.
This isn’t a comprehensive list of all the considerations you’ll need to make, all businesses are different, but it should get you thinking.