As a Service, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and young people.
We work with partners promoting the safety of residents.
We have representation on all safeguarding adult boards across Dorset and Wiltshire. The boards improve practice which protects and safeguards adults in vulnerable circumstances in Dorset and Wiltshire. Developing ways of working, which will improve ability to support Dorset and Wiltshire residents across the community to live a life free from abuse.
- Protecting vulnerable adults and young people from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment to their health or development;
- Ensuring that they are able to live in circumstances that are consistent with safe and effective care; and
- Protecting them from the risk of emotional, physical or sexual abuse or neglect.
The Service has identified the following as its responsibilities:
- Having a clear line of accountability for commissioning and providing services designed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and adults;
- Promoting a culture of listening to children, young people and adults and taking account of their wishes and feelings, both in individual decisions and the development of services;
- Putting in place arrangements which set out clearly the processes for sharing information with other professionals and the Local Safeguarding Children and Adult Board;
- Having a designated professional lead for safeguarding, whose role is to support other professionals within the Service and help them recognise the needs of vulnerable people, including rescue from possible abuse or neglect;
- Adopting a safeguarding policy and guidance;
- Having safe recruitment practices for individuals whom the organisation will permit to work regularly with young people, including policies on when to obtain a criminal record check;
- Providing appropriate supervision and support for staff, including holding safeguarding training;
- Having clear policies in line with those of the Local Safeguarding Children Board and Local Safeguarding Adult Board.
Link to our partners’ websites