Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service (DWFRS) is committed to making a real difference to the lives of people in Dorset and Wiltshire. Getting to know our local communities is a very important part of our service delivery, by knowing and understanding our communities we can better tailor our services to meet their needs. Therefore, we invest our time and effort ensuing that we create opportunities for all members of our communities to engage with us. Below are just some of the initiatives we hold to get to know our communities:
- Station open days
- Youth Intervention Programmes
- Fire Safety Education programmes
- Road Safety Education programmes to young drivers, businesses, the military, cyclists and motorcyclists.
- Safe and Well Visits to vulnerable members of our communities
- Fire safety inspections to local businesses
- Attendance at community events
All of these activities are an integral part of the prevention work that happens across the Service to protect our communities, it is the principal method of driving down deaths and injuries from fires within the home. We are continually assessing the opportunities and threats that are evolving within our environment and our community safety strategy sets out a long-term pathway to deliver against the ambition set out in the Community Safety Plan.