To make a compliment
All of our staff strive to provide the best possible service for our local communities, and positive comments and feedback are always very much appreciated.
Compliments are important to us, because we can learn from what we are doing right and build on it for the future.
All compliments received are passed onto the relevant staff member/members and their line managers. Anonymised comments are also shared in our staff magazine.
To make a complaint
Whatever the reason for your complaint, we value feedback and the opportunity to learn from our mistakes or correct any misunderstanding. Our aim is to continually improve our services. Please let us know if:
- we have failed to do something we have agreed to do
- we have done something wrong or something you disagree with
- we have treated you unfairly or discourteously
- our performance has been poor.
To make a complaint, you can:
- complete our on-line form
- write to us at Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, Five Rivers Health & Wellbeing Centre, Hulse Road, Salisbury, SP1 3NR
- call us on 01722 691000 (office hours only)
- visit HQ, one of our area offices or one of our wholetime fire stations in person – see Our Premises for details.
If you wish to report a nuisance or other issue caused by a current activity being undertaken by Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, please contact our Service Control Centre on 0306 799 0019.
If you have a complaint, we will need to know the following:
- What the complaint is about.
- Which managers you have dealt with (if known or applicable).
- What you would like us to do.
- What has been done already (if applicable).
- What you want to happen next.
We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days of receipt. This is likely to be by telephone to obtain any further information relevant to the investigation.
Within a further 14 days, you will receive one of the following:
- A full reply, including (i) our decision, (ii) reasons for our decision and (iii) how we propose to rectify the matter if we are at fault;
- A letter stating when a full reply will be given, with details of how your complaint is being processed and why the reply is delayed.
If you are not happy with our reply, or the way in which we dealt with your complaint, we will refer your complaint to a Senior Manager to review the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all complaints at this second stage within one calendar month.
If you remain unsatisfied with the outcome of this investigation, we will refer your complaint to our Strategic Leadership Team (SLT).
Your personal details will be held on a confidential computerised system for the purpose of investigating the complaint, notifying staff of compliments and monitoring trends. After five years, any personal data will be removed from our records.
How to complain about a Fire Authority member
Fire Authority members must comply with the Code of Conduct. If you believe that a member (or former member) has failed, or may have failed, to comply with this Code of Conduct, please complete the on-line complaints form.
Alternatively, you can write to the Head of Democratic Services & Corporate Assurance at Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, Five Rivers Health & Wellbeing Centre, Hulse Road, Salisbury, SP1 3NR. Once received, complaints are dealt with in accordance with the approved arrangements.